Copper Mountain Ambassadors
While you are enjoying all of the wonderful amenities that Copper has to offer, take the time out to say hello to one of our friendly Resort Ambassadors. They have a wealth of knowledge about the mountain, the village, and can assist you with everything from restaurant recommendations to the best skiing at Copper."We skied with your ambassadors today, Bob and Al. We had a fantastic time with them, they showed us some great runs. Please extend our gratitude to them both. They are a real credit to your organization." - Buzz, Marg, Emily
Sorry, but the Mountain Ambassador Tours are no longer being offered for the 2012-13 season.
Copper Mountain Ambassadors
Our Ambassadors are found all over the resort, and can be easily recognized by their turquoise jackets with the big ? on their back. For more information call 970.968.2318 ext. 83377.
Free Mountain Orientation Tour
Come and "meet the mountain" with our Resort Ambassadors on one of our free mountain orientation tours, offered twice daily. Ideal for first-time visitors but just as enjoyable for our returning guests, our tours highlight Copper's unique naturally-divided terrain. Share our Resort Ambassadors' passion & knowledge for the mountain and the resort including history, wildlife, natural science and fun facts as you discover each of the diverse and distinctive mountain zones Copper has to offer. The tours generally last around two to two and one half hours.
- Sign-Up (up to 48 hrs in advance) at any Guest Services location (Copper Sports East, West, or Center)
- Meet the tour group at either 10:00am or 1:00pm sharp, depending on the tour, at the Resort Ambassador Hut, located at the top of the American Eagle chairlift. As you offload the chairlift go to your left. The hut is located between the top of the Eagle chair lift and Solitude Station.
- Guests must provide their own equipment or rentals are available at Copper Rocker, Copper Sports Center, East, or West.
* If you are not able to sign up in advance, you are welcome to meet at the Ambassador Hut, but we cannot guarantee you space on that particular tour. Visit or call Guest Services for more information at 970-968-2318 ext. 45FUN. All participants must be able to ski/ride "blue" runs in a comfortable and controlled manner & be 15 years or older. Anyone under 18 years must be accompanied by a responsible parent or legal guardian.
Free Ambassador Snowshoe Tours
Enjoy the hospitality of our Resort Ambassadors as they help you discover the beauty of snow-covered meadows, pine & spruce forest and a prisitine mountain setting on one of our daily snowshoe tours. Snowshoe tours are weather/snow/terrain dependent. Spaces are limited.
Morning Tour (More Aggressive/Advanced):
- Recreational snowshoeing on mostly intermediate terrain.
- Participants must be 15 yrs or older. Anyone under 18 yrs old must be accompanied by an adult.
- Trail is 3 miles long with 500 foot vertical.
Afternoon Tour (Family Friendly):
- 1pm - 2:30pm. Trail is approximatly 1.5 miles.
- Family-friendly snowshoe tour focused on beginner terrain and shorter duration.
- Participants must be 8 yrs or older.
- Anyone under 18 years must be accompanied by a responsible parent or legal guardian.
1. Sign-Up (up to 48hrs in advance) at any Guest Services location (at Copper Sports East, West, or Center)
2. Meet the tour group at either 10:00am or 1:00pm sharp. The tour meets in front of the Schoolhouse at West Village.
3. Guests must provide their own equipment or snowshoe rentals are available at West Village Gear Check (located near the Schoolhouse).
Guest Services: 970.968.2882 x45862