Skiing is your passion and you’ve looked forward to skiing for months. But things don’t always go according to plan. The Ski Pass Insurance plan provides coverage for you and your ski pass investment when the unexpected happens. What if… you get sick and are unable to use your ski pass? ... you are injured and can no longer use your ski pass? You're in luck, amigo/amigette! Now we're offering pass insurance, and it's oh-so-affordable.
Ski Pass Insurance Information -
Ski Pass Insurance is more afforable than you think!
- Adult / Teen (age 13+)/ Senior (70+) Pass Insurance: $20 Teen/Adult/Senior Pass Description of Coverage
- Child (age 6-12) / Four Pack Insurance: $10 Child / Four Pack Description of Coverage
*Note: Ski Pass Insurance is not transferable or refundable. Claims are pro-rated based on the number of days skied prior to the date of the incident preventing the use of the season pass. A pre existing condition medical condition exclusion waiver is included if plan is purchased within 14 days of making your initial deposit. Ski passes are non refundable and not transferable. If you do not purchase the Ski Pass Insurance Plan, you will be solely responsible for any loss to, or loss of use of, your ski pass. The Ski Pass Insurance Plan is offered through Travel Guard.
Ski Pass Insurance covers the cost of your season pass if you are no longer able to use the pass for reasons such as sickness or injury to you, a family member, or traveling companion; primary residence or destination being made uninhabitable, being subpoenaed, required to serve on jury duty, or quarantined; job transfer; pregnancy or childbirth; employer termination or layoff. If you have any coverage questions and cannot find them on this page, please call our 24-hour Ski Pass Insurance line at 866.370.0246.
- Pre-Existing Medical Condition Exclusion Waiver: If insurance is purchased within 14 days of purchase of the ski pass, the Pre-Existing Medical Condition Exclusion will be waived. You must be medically able to ski when you buy the insurance.
- Pre-Season Pass Cancellations: The Insurer will reimburse the full cost of your season pass if you’re unable to use it due to a covered reason. Pre-season claims must be made prior to the start of the ski season.
- Mid-Season Reimbursements (pro-rated): The Insurer will pro-rate your reimbursement based on the number of days skied prior to the incident. For example, if you make a claim after using your pass for prior skiing days, the reimbursement will reflect these prior uses and reimbursement will be minus these dates. Daily use of your pass is valued at $60 per day for ages 13-69, $40 per day for ages 12 & under or 70 & over.
If you have already purchased your pass and wish to purchase the Ski Pass Insurance plan, please call our Season Pass Office at 866.416.9870. Ski pass insurance is offered until the ski season or 30 days after you purchase your season pass (whichever date comes later). Copper Mountain will not refund your ski pass amount if you are unable to use your pass. Please understand that the passes are non-transferable, nor for re-sale. The Ski Pass Insurance plan does not cover “Bolt-On” purchases.
Making a Claim
- Travel Guard’s claims filing process is very simple. Please call our dedicated phone number, 866.370.0246, and provide your product code 008722 P1/P2 to get your claim started right away. 98% of claims are filed with a single phone call. Travel Guard provides a quality claims experience for all our insured pass holders.
- Please remember that mid-season reimbursement is based on the usage of your pass, so an exact amount for your claim will not be determined until the documentation has been received and reviewed. Daily use of your pass is valued at $60 per day for ages 13-69, $40 per day for ages 12 & under or 70 & over.
Frequently Asked Questions*
Many of the common questions you may have about the Ski Pass Insurance Plan are listed below, so please read our FAQ section. If you cannot find the answer you are looking for, you can call our 24-hour dedicated phone number at Travel Guard, 866.370.0246.
Q. What are the reasons I can file a claim for reimbursement?
A. You can always file a claim if you cannot use your season pass. Travel Guard reviews all claims on an individual basis. Refer to the Description of Coverage for complete details of coverage.
Q. Can I purchase pass insurance for all ski products you offer?
A. You cannot purchase coverage for tickets, but you can purchase the plan for all passes.
Q. If I received reimbursement for my pass this year, will I still be eligible to renew next year?
A. Yes. If your pass was reimbursed, you will still be able to renew for the following season.
Q. How long will pass insurance be available?
A. The Ski Pass Insurance plan will only be available until the start of the ski season or 30 days after you purchase the season pass, whichever date comes later.
Q. Can I go to the resort pass office or call the resort to get reimbursed on my pass?
A. No. All claims are processed through Travel Guard. Please call 866.370.0246 to initiate a claim.
Q. What if I didn’t purchase pass insurance – can I get reimbursed?
A. No. Reimbursements will only be made if you purchased pass insurance and if you suffer a covered loss. Please note that the amount reimbursed is based on the number of days skied at the time of the incident. Please note: Copper Mountain will not refund your ski pass regardless of reason.
Q. Is Ski Pass Insurance refundable or transferable?
A. No. The Ski Pass Insurance plan is not transferable or refundable.
Q. I have more-detailed questions about the coverage. Who can I call?
A. Travel Guard has a dedicated phone number for Ski Colorado pass holders available 24 hours every day. Please call them at 866.370.0246.
Q. I purchased a Season Pass/Four-Pack Bolt-On, is the bolt on covered by my pass insurance?
A. No. The Ski Pass Insurance plan covers the season pass/Four-Pack only.
*This is only a brief description of the coverage(s) available. The Policy will contain reductions, limitations, exclusions and termination provisions. Insurance is underwritten by National Union Fire Insurance Company of Pittsburgh, Pa., a Pennsylvania insurance company, with its principal place of business at 175 Water Street, New York, NY 10038 and currently authorized to transact business in all states and the District of Columbia. NAIC No. 19445. Coverage may not be available in all states.