Warrior Dash – America’s Most Insane Race – Lands at Copper, August 21 – 22: Saturday Concert Series Continues with Reverend Horton Heat, as well as the Woodward at Copper Open House, both on August 21
August 18, 2010
Warrior Dash – America’s Most Insane Race – Lands at Copper, August 21 – 22
Saturday Concert Series Continues with Reverend Horton Heat, as well
as the Woodward at Copper Open House, both on August 21
Copper Mountain, CO…August 18, 2010…Warrior Dash is the ultimate event for thrill-seeking athletes and lands in the Rockies for the first time in 2010, where 12 obstacles await along this 3.27 mile course. Participants will conquer extreme obstacles and celebrate their feats with music, beer, warrior helmets and muddy shorts. Zany costumes are encouraged! In addition, the Saturday Concert Series continues on August 21 with Reverend Horton Heat. Make sure to stop by the Woodward at Copper Barn for an Open House on Aug. 21, 4:30 – 5:30 p.m., to learn all about the Fall Classes – all sessions are half price this day only.
2010 Warrior Dash Schedule of Events*
Friday, August 20
10 a.m. – 7 p.m. Fridays at Copper (FAC) – Free activities with every $30 shopping or dining purchase at Copper, including a free one-time pass for the climbing wall, bumper boats, quad power jump, paddle boats, go-karts and mini-golf
6 p.m. Friday Night Street Party in the Village at Copper, featuring Angie Stevens & the Beautiful Wreck
Dusk Free showing of Land of the Lost (PG-13), Burning Stones Plaza
Saturday, August 21
8 a.m. – 6 p.m. Warrior Dash participant registration in Storm King Lounge
8 a.m. – 7 p.m. Warrior Dash store open in Burning Stones Plaza
9 a.m. – 6 p.m. Warrior Dash Race, waves start every ½ hour
10 a.m. Free live show by Suspect in Burning Stones Plaza
10:30 a.m. – 7:30 p.m. Warrior Dash BBQ open to the public
12:30 p.m. Free live show by Firemouth in Burning Stones Plaza
2:30 p.m. Free live show by RePlay in Burning Stones Plaza
4:30 – 5:30 p.m. Woodward at Copper Open House, The Barn – half-off sessions all day and a great opportunity to sign up for all the Fall Classes!
7 p.m. Warrior Dash Awards Presentation
7 p.m. Doors open for the Saturday Concert Series, featuring Reverend Horton Heat, in the Copper Pavilion
8 p.m. Saturday Concert Series (ticketed event) begins, featuring Reverend Horton Heat, in the Copper Pavilion
Sunday, August 22
9 a.m. – 3 p.m. Participant registration in Storm King Lounge
9 a.m. – 4 p.m. Warrior Dash store open in Burning Stones Plaza
10 a.m. – 3 p.m. Warrior Dash Race, waves start every ½ hour
10:30 a.m. Free live show by Firemouth in Burning Stones Plaza
10:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Warrior Dash BBQ open to the public
1 p.m. Free live show by Ten 86 in Burning Stones Plaza
4 p.m. Warrior Dash Awards Presentation
Warrior Dash Obstacles*
- Participants begin the Warrior Dash with the Junker Jump, where racers clamber over the rusted wreckage.
- Then up and over the Hiker’s Hang-up, crawling across the tangled nets.
- Next up, participants must tackle Hay Fever, hustling up and over giant straw bales.
- Then onward to Knee High Hell, stepping through hundreds of tires, and continuing up the hill for the Mountain Climb, fighting gravity heading toward the summit.
- After heading up and back down the mountain is an event favorite, Muddy Mayhem, where racers scramble beneath barbed wire in a giant mud pit.
- Burrowing through the black Tunnels of Terror is the subsequent obstacle to conquer.
- From there, onto the Warrior Wall, where participants must conquer the wooden barricade.
- Then to the Cargo Climb, maneuvering over cargo nets and Walking the Plank, where racers traverse a gully on wooden planks.
- Time to get some of that mud off and complete the River Run, dashing over West Ten Mile Creek.
- The final event consists of one of the most popular obstacles of the day – The Warrior Roast, where racers leap over the Warrior fires and finally off to the Finish Line.
Note to ALL Copper Guests: During Warrior Dash weekend, Copper’s mountain bike trails and Digglers will be CLOSED to summer guests, including Diggler use in the Village. Scenic Chair lift rides will be open with the normal operating hours, 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. (weather permitting). During the week leading up to the event, there will be a few random mountain bike trail re-routes on the lower section of Redtail, with directional signs at the re-route points. For more information on what is open, please visit Guest Services in Copper Sports - Center (formerly the MAC).
Enjoy an amazing live music performance in an intimate setting during the second of three shows in the Saturday Concert Series. Live music on Saturday, August 21 is provided by Reverend Horton Heat in the Pavilion from 8 - 10 p.m. Admission is FREE for Copper lodging guests, and $15 for all others. Without a doubt, the mighty Reverend has won a cult following around the world these past 20+ years with a nearly endless touring ethic and musical style that's equally as rooted in tradition as it is in breaking it. He's one of the lynchpins of the neoroots movement and responsible for moving the genre forward and garnering it a whole new generation of fans. Mix that with a mythic stage presence and you've got a live act that turns rock clubs into psychobilly tent revivals across the country.
Information on purchasing Reverend Horton Heat tickets:
- Guarantee a FREE show by renting a room at Copper the night of Saturday, August 21, through a participating Copper property management company - Copper Mountain (lodging section of www.CopperColorado.com), Carbonate Real Estate Company, Copper Vacations or Sky Run Vacation Rentals – based on 1 ticket per standard occupancy (so for example, if the unit you are staying in has a standard occupancy of 4 guests, you will receive up to 4 show tickets for FREE). These tickets can be picked up at Will Call, starting at 6 p.m. the night of the show.
- There will be a limited number of tickets available to the public for $15 each. First Come, First Served.
- Ticket Sales/Will Call will operate out of the winter ticket windows in the Village at Copper only, next to the base of the American Eagle lift, directly below Jack’s Bar.
- Unfortunately, since the Copper Pavilion is such an intimate venue, there will be no advanced purchase (no online/phone sales). The general public must purchase tickets in person the day of the show.
While at Copper this weekend, make sure to check out the Woodward at Copper Open House on Saturday, August 21, 4:30 – 5:30 p.m. The best way to stay in shredding shape in the offseason is to take a Woodward at Copper Fall Class, ranging from Snowflex® and Trampoline, skateboard and tumbling, to the all-new strength & conditioning classes. These classes are great for all ages, from groms to adults. The fine folks with Woodward at Copper are having an Open House at the Barn on Saturday, August 21 for those folks that have questions or want to get signed up for a Fall Class, and as an extra incentive to get into the Barn to shred, the 2, 4 and 6 p.m. public sessions are ½ off that day. Register by calling the Barn at 970.968.3400 or by completing the form online at www.woodwardatcopper.com/site/ourprograms/Classes.
For the most up-to-date info, including a detailed schedule of events, visit the official Warrior Dash website, www.WarriorDash.com.
*All events/obstacles are subject to change and are weather dependent.
David Roth, Copper Mountain
Lauren Shield, Warrior Dash