Stay in 'Shred' Shape in the Offseason During Woodward at Copper's Fall Classes
August 12, 2010
STAY IN ‘SHRED’ SHAPE IN THE OFFSEASON DURING
WOODWARD AT COPPER’S FALL CLASSES
Copper Mountain, CO…August 12, 2010…The best way to stay in shredding shape in the offseason is to take a Woodward at Copper Fall Class, ranging from Snowflex® and Trampoline, skateboard and tumbling, to the all-new strength & conditioning classes. These classes are great for all ages, from groms to adults. The fine folks with Woodward at Copper are having an Open House at the Barn on Saturday, August 21 for those folks that have questions or want to get signed up for a Fall Class, and as an extra incentive to get folks into the Barn to shred, the 2, 4 and 6 p.m. public sessions are ½ off that day.
Trampoline & Tumbling (T&T) Classes*
- Tots T&T – This class is for kids 4 - 5 years old. Students work on the spring floor and trampolines, focusing on body control, coordination and balance.
- Groms T&T – This class is for children 6 - 7 years old. Students work on the spring floor and trampolines focusing on basic aerial awareness, coordination and body control.
- Beginner T&T – This class is for anyone 8 years of age and older. Students work on basic gymnastics and trampoline skills such as rolls, handstands, cartwheels and walk-overs.
- Intermediate T&T – This class is for anyone 8 years of age and older. Students work on tumbling such as round-offs, handsprings and saltos.
- Advanced T&T – This class is for anyone 8 years and up working on their tumbling series, such as round-offs, back-handsprings and layout/full/double full.
Snowflex® & Trampoline (S&T) Classes*
- Youth S&T- This class is for youth 8 - 12 years old. Classes alternate between trampolines and Snowflex® each week, working on basic air awareness, body control and acclimation to the Snowflex®.
- Junior S&T – This class is for teenagers 13 - 17 years old. Classes alternate between trampolines and Snowflex® each week working on air awareness, rotations and inverted/off-axis progressions.
- Adult S&T - Classes alternate between Trampolines and Snowflex® each week working on air awareness, rotations and inverted/off-axis progressions.
- Kids – This class is primarily for kids 12-and-under. Students will work on general skateboarding skills on the mini ramps, street skate area and bowls.
- Adult - This class is primarily for adults over the age of 25. Participants will work on general skateboarding skills on the mini ramps, street skate area and bowls.
Snowboard/Ski Strength & Conditioning*
- This class is designed to train sport-specific movements that closely resemble those used in snowboarding and skiing. These movements will train your body to move more efficiently and react more quickly while on snow, as well as help to reduce the risk of injury by strengthening muscles, tendons and bones.
*Class Information: All classes run once a week for 8 weeks. A minimum of 6 participants are required to hold a class. Pre-registration is required for all classes by August 27, 2010. Register by completing the form online (http://www.woodwardatcopper.com/site/ourprograms/Classes) or by calling the Barn at 970.968.3400.
For those of you looking to get your shred-on in the off-season leading up to winter, now the Barn is open Thursdays through Sundays, for the 2, 4 and 6 pm One Hit Wonder, Drop-In Sessions, Barn Privates, and Skate/BMX only sessions, as well as Saturdays & Sundays for Barn Only Camp Days. After Labor Day, the Barn will be open 7 days a week for 2, 4 and 6 pm One Hit Wonder, Drop-In Sessions, Barn Privates and Skate/BMX only sessions, while still offering the Barn Only Camp Days on Saturdays and Sundays. To get signed up for some Woodward at Copper FUN, call a Copper Mountain Vacation Specialist at 888-350-1544, The Barn at 970-968-3400, or visit www.woodwardatcopper.com.
Check out the Woodward at Copper Blog: www.woodwardatcopper.com/site/blog/.
970.968.2318 ext. 38827