Copper Mountain Safety Fest
It’s doesn’t hurt to be safe. Stop by the Copper Safety stations from 9am - 2:30pm to learn about our newest safety initiatives. Come see the Flight for Life Helicopter, Avalanche Dog Demo, help close the mountain with Ski Patrol Sweeps, and stop by all the safety tents to enter our daily prizes drawing. Some Safety-themed prizes include helmets, a Camelbak Hydration pack, a 'Ski with a Buddy' Snowcat Trip and more!!
Sat Jan 14 2012 - Mon Jan 16 2012 - 9am - 4pm in Center Village at Copper
Copper Mountain Safety Fest Returns!
Daily Schedule of Events
9am - 2:30pm : Safety Fest tents open
10am : Flight for Lift Helicopter Flyover (Sunday only, at Patrol Headquarters)
12:30pm : Daily Avalanche Dog Demos
1pm : Daily Prize Drawing
4pm : Ski Patrol Sweeps - Close the mountain with Ski Patrol at 4pm daily. Spaces are limited, sign up at the National Ski Patrol Booth in Center village
All Day : Open House and Hot Chocolate at Patrol Headquarters and Timberline Patrol Room
Community & Copper Mountain Participants
- National Ski Patrol : toboggan demonstrations, and deep snow safety tips, sweeps sign up
- US Forest Service : tips on staying safe in the summer and winter while out in the woods
- Copper Fire Department : fire safety and 911 awareness
- Summit County Rescue Group : backcountry/sidecountry awareness, beacon training
- Copper Mountain Safety Patrol : Kid’s Emergency Contact Cards, hydration, ski with a buddy
- Copper Mountain Ski Patrol and the Avalanche Dogs-daily demonstrations in Center Village and hot cocoa at on-hill ski patrol stations
- Woodward at Copper : progression and Smartsytle awareness in the terrain parks
- St. Anthony Copper Clinic : helmet awareness with Think First Campaign
- Flight For Life : meet the staff and tour the helicopter at Patrol Headquarters, Sunday only
Safety Fest Highlights
- Flight for Life Helicopter which will land at Patrol Headquarters located above Excelerator Lift, on Sunday Jan. 15th at 10 a.
- Avalanche Dog drills in the Burning Stones Plaza daily at 12:30
- Open house and hot cocoa at Patrol Headquarters and Timberline Patrol all day long
- Ski Patrol Sweeps- help ski patrol close down the mountain 4 p.m. at Timberline Patrol (sign up with at the National Ski Patrol booth-limited number of spots available)
- Daily prize drawings at 1p.m. in Copper’s Center
- En Fuego – A free street party in the Village, Saturday evening Jan. 14th
About Safety Fest
Last season Copper Mountain Resort was recognized by the National Ski Areas Association (NSAA) for having the “Best Overall Safety Program” for resorts with skier visits over 250,000 per year! To quote NSAA, Copper did an “outstanding job of educating employees and guest about skiing and snowboarding responsibly.”
With NSAA’s Annual Safety Awareness Week starting Jan. 14th, Copper is excited to showcase their season-long safety efforts with their very own Copper Safety Fest, held Jan. 14-16 in Copper’s Center Village. With the launch of the new Union Creek High Speed Quad Lift, located in Copper’s West Village, Copper is promoting lift safety with new kid-friendly signage and messaging throughout the West Village. The new signage will promote important “Lift Safety Tips” by Copper’s own Critters, who were introduced last year through Copper’s Critterland.
Copper continues to focus on safe skiing and riding with their “Heads Up” messaging. With new signage on the slopes and website this helps support Copper’s Mountain Safety Patrol who’s job is to influence skiers/riders to ski in control and within their ability. “Heads Up” is a reminder to avoid those below you, be alert and pay attention! Initiatiaves of hydration, skiing with a buddy and helmets which were introduced last year continue to be important safety messaging at Copper and guests can learn more about these topics and obtain free water and fun safety stickers from the booths. Kids will also love to pick up trading cards of their favorite Copper Mountain Avalanche Dogs, which will support the “Lift Safety Tips.”
While visiting Safety Fest don’t miss Frisco Elementary’s third grade artwork hanging in the cooridor to Jack’s Cafeteria. The students created art based on “Your Responsibility Code” or any of the elements of “Smart Style” terrain park safety. This artwork will be submitted to NSAA for the 2012 Kids Safety Safety Week Poster Contest.
Copper is fortunate to be able to team up with many community safety organizations who will participatie in Copper’s family-friendly Safety Fest. They will be sharing a tip or two about safety from the village to the slopes. Get your Safety Fest punch card from Resort Ambassadors or at the “Copper Safety Zone” tent, visit all the tents and be entered into the daily drawing at 1p.m. Prizes and giveaways worth more than $7,000 include lodging at Copper, ½ day Tucker Cat trip, Tubing passes, ski tunes, Copper Season Pass, Snow Day Pass, day Lift tickets, athletic club passes, golf for four, helmets, hydration packs and more! Guests must be present to win, and prize drawings will be held at 1:30pm daiily.