New Year’s Resolutions for Enjoying Colorado Ski Country
Ringing in the new year, from Colorado Ski Country USA.
Posted by Steph Sweeney on December 31, 2013
As 2013 comes to a close, we tip our hats to Mother Nature and Old Man Winter for all the snow bestowed so far this season. With the 2013-14 winter off to such a powdery start many of our resorts are already reporting snow totals of more than 100 inches and some of the best early season conditions in years. Enjoy, ye Colorado Ski Country faithful, and here’s to big adventures on the slopes in the season ahead.
New Year’s is a time of reflection, a fresh start, and of course – resolutions. We here at CSCUSA put our heads together and came up with a list of our top winter resolutions for 2014. Try putting some of these on your list, right between eat more kale and get more exercise.
1. Embrace the ‘Powder Flu’ more often.
2. Ski where you haven’t skied before (or at least haven’t skied in a really long time). With 21 resorts, 29,506 skiable acres, 15 bowls and 300 inches of snow on average, life is too short to ride just one mountain.
3. Switch it up and try something different: go tubing, Nordic skiing, snowshoeing, or try to snowboard or ski if you’ve never done it before. Carpool more. Let’s be honest, the ride is always more interesting (for better or worse) with friends in the car.
4. Never stop being a student of the sport. Take a lesson this year to sharpen skills. Maybe a bump lesson. Maybe a powder lesson. There’s always room for improvement.
5. How about checking out some cat skiing? Many of the CSCUSA resorts offer this amazing opportunity to find your own lines.
6. Catch first tracks. There is nothing quite as satisfying as being the first person down a run in the morning.
7. Hug a patroller or lift operator. They are there to help and work hard to keep us safe. Show them a little love.
Lover of All Things Outdoors
The Eye of Copper
Updates, photos and the insider scoop from Copper Mountain's Ski Patrol.
Crocodile Dundee's Niece
When it comes to weddings at Copper Mountain, the possibilities are endless. Take a look at these weddings to get your own ideas flowing!
©2016 Copper Mountain Resort, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Copper is closed for the 2016/17 season. Summer begins June 9th!